We arrived at DFA Novaliches at exactly 11:50 AM but the malls open at 10:00 AM, we were asked if we have appointment and we just said that we are just walk-in the guard direct us inside and a receptionist ushered us on the priority lane he asked if how many of us to get a passport and I said me and my son, I will change my surname kasi (Changing of surname and married status is good as Renew application).
One adult may ride the infant priority pass so if you are pregnant or just giving birth recently this is the best time since you don't have to set an appointment.
Here's are the documents that you needed (For Baby's):
- PSA Copy of Birth Certificate
- Personal appearance of Baby
- Accomplished form to be given by the staff or you may download it HERE
- A photocopied of both parents passport (For legitimate child)
- Marriage Certificate of Minor parents (PSA Authenticated)
The processed is smooth after filling up the form we go directly to Window 8 for verification of documents and then to Cashier we pay PHP 1,200. After that we just wait our number in the screen for encoding. Tariel that time is a bit fussy, so make sure to bring a toy to distract your baby.
For those who will change their surname and married status:
- PSA Copy of Marriage Certificate
- Accomplished form to be given by the staff
- Your recent passport
- Photocopy of your recent passport
That's all if you have some question you may call the DFA hotline for clarification.